Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ryan Reynolds Talks 'Green Lantern' Costume

After Saturday's "Green Lantern" panel, the cast and filmmakers behind the Warner Bros./DC pic met the press on the fourth floor of the Hilton Bayfront. "Personally I was relieved that they got rid of the white gloves, " star Ryan Reynolds said of the new Green Lantern costume. "Because, well, I don't think he's an opera singer."

Also on hand for the event were director Martin Campbell, co-stars Blake Lively, Peter Saarsgard, Mark Strong and producer Donald De Line. "Martin and I had never done a superhero movie," De Line said, "but as part of the testing, they always want to see the actor in the mask and Ryan looks really good in a mask."

Reynolds later revealed that the vfx guys had arbitrarily chose his head to mold the first Green Lantern mask when he first auditioned. "I had no idea who else auditioned but when I showed up to set the mask fit my head perfectly, much better than it would have Regis Philbin or whoever else was up for the role."

"The Green Lantern" hits theaters in summer 2011.


Via: Variety